In order to fully enjoy your hike, we recommend you take :
- a solid pair of walking shoes (with a good sole)
- a rain jacket (windproof)
- warm clothes
- a hat or a cap
- a head lamp or flashlight
- sun lotion
- walking poles
- a walking map
- a sleeping bag liner
- food and drinks
It is possible to buy a picnic lunch from the accommodation on the Dents-du-Midi Circuit (to be ordered when booking). Dormitory beds are all equipped with blankets or duvets to make sure you are warm enough.
In the event of problems, emergencies or accidents, call 144 with your mobile phone or ask at the nearest hut.
Du Léman aux Dents-du-Midi, 1 : 25'000 - Le Chablais valaisan
You will find it in certain lodges or it can be purchased directly from the publisher, Editions MPA
- Val-d'Illiez, 1 : 25'000, no 1304
- Barberine, 1 : 25'000, no 1324 (only useful near the Salanfe dam and below)
These maps are available from most bookshops and certain local newspaper kiosks.